The Fresno County Bar Association was incorporated by twelve Fresno attorneys on June 19, 1882.
Members of the Fresno County Bar Association have been actively involved in the community from the very beginning. In fact, in 1888 the County of Fresno, as a tribute to local attorneys and judges, named the county seats main north/south artery "Blackstone Avenue " after the famous 19th century English jurist.
Despite tremendous changes in the practice of law and a dramatic increase in membership, members of the Fresno County Bar Association continue to observe these objectives and to expand upon them. The great diversity of programs, services and information available through our bar association serve the needs of the members, the judiciary and the community. Your membership and participation insure that your bar association continues to be responsive to these needs.
Our Mission Statement is as follows:
- To exemplify and maintain the honor, integrity, and dignity of the legal profession.
- To cultivate civility, professionalism, and diversity among its members.
- To promote the independence of the courts, protect the rights of all citizens through full and equal access to the legal system
- To encourage and recognize pro bono services to the disadvantaged.
- To serve the community through charitable, educational, and outreach programs.